Thursday, February 18, 2010

Organizing....

Are you an organized person? I try to be, I have good intentions. I love looking at sites that tell you how to organize and what to organize with. I also love to see how people put their own skills to use in organizing their own home. Katy at http://countryblossom.blogspot.com/ has been so nice to share her method of organizing her home, schooling, and family affairs. That she inspired me to do the same...

It's not a perfect system, and is always a work in progress, but it keeps me on track with cleaning my home and saves me money by planning my meals a week or two at a time. I have one for a cleaning routine, one for bill paying, one for menu planning and one I keep in my bus for any notes I need to write about the day, and to keep track of days that I sub at the school. Planning and being organized makes me feel good about me and what I am doing to make things run smoother in my home, saves time, and money. Thank you to *Katy* for inspiring me to do it and Flylady also for all your help in organizing my daily chores. My home is not perfect, nor am I. But I stive to be the best wife and homemaker I can be, and with God's help and help from my *friends* I get a little better at it each day.

Hoping that everyone has a Blessed rest of the week and a Wonderful weekend!!


11 comments:

Katy said...

That is fantastic that you have a method that works well for you! That is the key! :) Everyone has to do what works for them!

Thank you for your kind words about me...it truly made me blush. :) I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

Leslie Lemke said...

I think that organizing your life is so important. I also believe that us "moms" have a full schedule no matter what we are doing! I am proud of you for looking into something that works for you...Good luck with it and thanks for sharing!
Blessings~
Leslie

Adam C. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adam C. said...

Thats great...time is like money, if you dont tell it what to do it will dissappear!

jenn said...

oh my...that look a little over my head!
but glad it works for you....i just get behind on everything (esp lately)....no system here! lol...

Jocelyn said...

I've heard of Flylady - I had visited the site awhile ago.

I like your system =)- I used to have one similar to it. And perhaps in the future, I'll have a system sort of like that =)

Hope you have a blessed weekend!

Devon said...

ack!! i am NOT organized... however, I DO need to get on the ball with menu planning--at least!! looks like you've got things under control!!!

(my sister and i are like night and day with some things.. lol!)

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Yesterday I bought a cute box with room for a label...I'm terrible with recipts so that is where they will be put from now on! I just keep telling myself baby steps, babysteps:)

Have a great one!

Rondell

Jamie Allen said...

I miss your blog posts... come back soon!

Adam C. said...

I miss reading your updates beautiful! ;-)

Adam C. said...

WE MISS YOU AND WANT YOU BACK!! ;-)